View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-04-24, 23:37

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

This story has lingered with me and I think it's because I would act the same way as your naturally thin friend. I remember the first time I tried intermittent fasting, as a frustrated young adult, which worked, had I only known more at the time.

But there was a time when people would constantly tell me, "You don't understand, you are a thin person," not knowing I wasn't always that way. And now, with Carnivore/animal foods emphasis, I've gotten just as picky as your friend. Add in GF and I'd be the one with an empty plate, too.

But while I still have struggles with appetite -- being too low, ironically -- I also have the benefits of ketosis so if there is nothing around, I don't need to eat and I won't be thinking about food.

All to say the thought of eating when I'm really not hungry is certainly helped by knowing what my body is hungry FOR. When protein is the answer which satisfies. And those times I crave fat, I need the fuel.

I also found out why I crave cream cheese so much. It's fermented. It gets into my system, faster. It's similar to eating olive oil and vinegar dressing, where the vinegar makes the olive oil more accessible to our bodies.

And I love vinegar, lemon juice, and the like. My love of pickles has perhaps helped me in this endeavor