View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-24, 08:17

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I don't think it's so much emotion that shapes what food you eat. I'm not sure what to call it. Habit? An addictive personality? Because we know there are definitely addictive qualities to cake, donuts, candy and such.

But whereas I could eat cake/donuts/cookies/chips until I was half-sick on them, then want more an hour later, the naturally thin people I have known would eat an apple OR one donut OR a small piece of cake OR a green salad (with a teaspoon of dressing on it) - and not even think about eating anything again for half a day.

To them, food is food is food. It's all interchangeable. They tend to gravitate towards "healthy" foods, but junk food serves the purpose of filling their belly just as well. They might think "oh that was really good", but it never continues in their mind as "I'd like more of that", whether it's a filet mignon, a fancy dessert, a donut, or a green salad.

At least that's been what I've observed among those who are naturally thin, which is why I think it's at least partly an addiction problem.