View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-24, 05:44

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

And no one talks about oxalates, which was indeed KEY to my own improvement. DH gained 22 points on his kidney score after only six months. This was AFTER we discovered he had some kidney stones, too.

Just got back from my annual checkup and what amazed my doctor is that low oxalate -- and me with great kidney scores - did wonderful things for my autoimmune.

That's a giant category, including Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis. And oxalates are a nerve poison. Used for suicide in Victorian Times when it was in every stable, used to get stains off leather.

And maybe that's how it got forgotten about, because back when everyone descended on the first spring greens, there were deaths from overconsumption of such plants as sorrel and rhubarb.

And since many of the neurodiverse have more nerves for things to get on, I explained how I think neurodiverse (I know he has many doctor friends who are so) are particularly vulnerable to oxalate, as a result.

It would explain their higher rate, as in this paper, Autoimmunity in autism.

Aside from the constant stress, of course. I noticed the paper didn't have the word in it, but it does serve as evidence for my theory.

My GP, intrigued, ordered some tests for me. We'll meet soon with what his research has uncovered.