#6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-24, 02:43

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
And I have to wonder just how many of the women who find out they're infertile after having an IUD removed, or discontinuing BC pills are so obese that it's the obesity that's causing the infertility? (or the opposite end of the spectrum - so anorexic thin that lack of sufficient weight is what's causing infertility?)

Very likely. Because they don't blame the obesity.

It was a long time ago now, but this was a famous trial:

Quote:
Martha Sharp "Sunny" von Bülow (née Crawford; September 1, 1932 − December 6, 2008) was an American heiress and socialite. Her second husband, Claus von Bülow (1926−2019), was convicted in 1982 of attempting to murder her by insulin overdose, but the conviction was overturned on appeal.

The practice of injecting insulin to lose weight was so common in their social circles that it created a reasonable doubt over the woman injecting herself -- that time.

I do think he did it, BTW. Her own reckless behavior opened the door for her murderer to get away with it, because it was regarded as a pleasurable and harmless way to stay slim. Even though it wasn't.

That's how desperately people want to lose weight without effort. That's always going to be a tar pit for them.

Officially, GLP-1 is a "helper" for people to change their lifestyle.

How many are using it that way when they gleefully declare this is their life's answer? As someone whose brain works well when I supplement certain neurotransmitters, I'm not knocking "better living through chemistry." When appropriate.

But isn't taking a drug so you don't have to make changes to how you take another drug... counter-produtive? Are they simply switching the drug they use, when they shouldn't be thinking they need a drug in the first place?