View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-24, 10:04

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Since they claim that this is all to protect the animals, the planet, and public health, they would do much better putting that money into getting up on their soap box in the public square (social media these days) and put that amount of money towards preaching veganism to the public, and teaching them how to eat vegan - show them how to prepare vegan foods, show them how to prepare a tasty meal. (and yes, go ahead and try to convince them that they'll get all the nutrients they need, and that the vegan recipes they're giving out are tasty)

They do, they are all over social media doing that. Were I a young person who doesn't pay attention to science it would be easy -- especially for young and idealistic people -- to see veganism as THE answer and essentially join a cult. Most people don't -- they try it, maybe get the "honeymoon" but give up on trying to get it back.

But many are true believers and unshakeable, even as their health deteriorates and their doctors give them B-12 shots. If those don't work, and they sometimes don't, the fervent go mad and/or blind. This is all accepted science, so I don't see why the vegan nonsense got so big. But these are the times we inhabit, which is why don't look at the plant meat losses: we look at the Plant-Based Food Business gains.

Since the PBFB are either all the same company or as-good-as because they work together on mutual goals. And these are all in thrawl to the banks and hedge funds who decides, like in Dune, money must flow. Right now, there's huge profits in fake foods that are plant based that people will eat. (Next move: the soy nuggets route, where we see more batter dipped non meat with a sauce packet. I guess it doesn't go bad and can be moved into some other form, like adulterating further the "meat" in fast food.

Plant meat might be a loss-leader in the sense that no one wants to buy it or eat it. But if I were one of the PBFB, I would work on how its mere stubborn presence in the meat case can inflict upon customers the famous Fear of Red Meat. Half the headlines the past few years. Everyone "knows" it, by which I mean they have been fooled. Well played, PBFB money!

So now we have a sense of guilt and impending doom that sells a lot of deodorant, too. How many of them will compensate... not by turning to the actual pot roast, but to chicken or even pasta dinner. That has a false "healthy" aura in their minds now.

Classic three level pricing: the majority will split it down the middle and you get them.

What if all that money is actually about scaring people away from animal foods, where the profit margin is low. Making people feel guilty about eating anything but plants. Not enough to turn them vegan -- though that's an influence in the "gosh, if I was that morally strong" kind of way. Since we aren't a Disney princess, but we can wear the costume at Halloween, we will compromise.

"I'm trying to get more protein from plants," is another thing I hear. And I get to tell them, "So now you have to eat 30% more?" They don't know.

If they google it, I get them. But who am I? When half the headlines they try not to read tells them plant-based is the way they must go.

So they go halfway.

If that's all they do, that's a lot of money for the people who make money when people eat plants.