#12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-19-24, 04:54

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
OMG, that's hilarious! But it's exactly what it feels like happens.

And it really doesn't take that many carbs to cause that reaction.

Anyhow, over a period of about 3 months, I think I lost a whopping 5 lbs! Probably because the total number of calories/day was so low that it wasn't nearly enough to support a morbidly obese body.

Thanks, it's good to know it was pointless suffering so i'm off the hook for "not lasting long enough." And I suspect we are far from the only ones to have that experience with calorie counting. It also never occured to me that I, a tall bookworm, was told to eat the same number of calories as girls a head shorter who played sports.

After going "animal diet" in January 2019, the pandemic saw me cooking more, which was good, but adding more kinds of foods, which was bad. Because I started having reactions to the large amounts of oxalate in the "healthy foods" I was eating.

I now think my autoimmune, since my gut healed, continues to get better, because now I manage my diet to help my body get rid of oxalates, instead of pointlessly suffering flares. Now that I look back, my flares can easily be traced to be eating high oxalate foods, unaware. It was why the spinach wilted in the drawer and the chopped salad kits with kale and sunflower seeds would ruin my appetite. My body was trying to tell me something.

And when I started looking at information about oxalates? I was assured any oxalate issue could be buffered by calcium, like in the dairy in my hot chocolate and the cheese on my salad. It turns out, that's not true. The science of oxalates was better understood in 1840 than now. My paperback of Toxic Superfoods is now lent to my doctor.

Switching to romaine and blueberries instead of spinach and raspberries was a game changer for me. Starting with beef and adding things one at a time was the only way I could have ever figured all this out by now.

Because I have been, since finding Atkins in 2003, zeroing in towards answers. It's work that's never done.