#4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-24, 04:53

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

From Dr Cate's latest email newsletter:

Quote:
In my last newsletter, I told you about a book I’ve been writing for the past few years called Dark Calories. While writing it, I've changed my mind about who I think is the bad guy in this vegetable oil scam.

Before 2020, I’d always assumed the bad guy was the edible oil industry. After all, they are the ones getting rich off of selling these toxic ingredients. Then, shortly after my May 2020 appearance on Bill Maher, a high-powered lawyer reached out to me with an exciting proposition.

The lawyer was from a top firm that has won billion-dollar suits for their clients. Before seeing me on Bill Maher, she’d considered herself a healthy eater and was shocked to learn about vegetable oils and how unhealthy they are. Once she and her husband started avoiding them, they shed unwanted pounds without even trying, felt better than ever, and full of energy.

All was well…Until she discovered her favorite restaurants were all serving meals loaded with vegetable oil. Every last one.

Those vegetable oil-infused foods at all of her favorite restaurants now threatened to ruin her social life. Steaming mad, she decided to focus her considerable legal acumen on taking down the industry. That was when she reached out to me to brainstorm a strategy. And thus, began what I hoped was going to be a beautiful relationship.

But first, we needed to recruit medical experts to help take down the toxic industry. That’s when we ran into a solid brick wall.

No one with the necessary qualifications to testify as a medical expert was willing to say these oils are unhealthy. Why not? Because they lower cholesterol and that is supposedly a good thing.

We’ve all grown up believing cholesterol is toxic. The current medical consensus paints cholesterol as public enemy number one. So, in order to take down the vegetable oil industry, we would first need to prove that cholesterol is actually healthy. In other words, we’d have to put medical science on trial. A different matter entirely, and rather beyond the scope of a personal injury law firm.

Grudgingly, we abandoned the lawsuit.

Still, the effort had taught me an important lesson about the enormous depth of the problem. The real reason we’re eating vegetable oil is not that it’s cheap. It’s that we’re afraid of cholesterol.

The fear of cholesterol sustains the vegetable oil industry—and in many ways, it sustains the entire healthcare industry. I realized that, if I want to help people to free themselves of these oils and avoid the diseases they cause, I need to help people lose their fear of cholesterol. And to do that, I need to expose the people who have tricked us into fearing this nutrient.

Dark Calories is not just a book. It’s also a wrecking ball that will demolish the giant healthcare industry and the lies we’ve all heard about cholesterol. It will help you recognize the people who are the enemy of good health, and who are, right now, getting away with murder. The legal system may not have the power to take them down. But if enough of us are willing to rebel against their lies, I believe that together we can bring about serious change.
The book is now available to pre-order through the usual booksellers.