View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-24, 20:15

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oh I find plenty of nonfat yogurt - it's the low fat/2% that seems to have simply disappeared at the stores where I shop around here.

They used to have low/2% fat yogurts around here, but a couple months ago those disappeared, and now the only one those stores have that's low-fat is the 2G one. (must just be this area - what varieties stores stock of any given food depends on local demand)

There have been times when the whole milk greek yogurt was out of stock - nothing but the non-fat on the shelf. So I've tried the non-fat before, but I simply do not find it satiating at all - or rather not as satiating, and even that doesn't last very long - I'll be hungry again in an hour, whereas I can easily go for 6-8 hours on the same amount of whole milk greek.

I've always noticed that eating a very low fat meat such as chicken breast doesn't provide nearly the satiation that the same amount of chicken thigh meat provides, and not nearly as much as a smaller amount 85% ground beef does. So it's not just the non-fat yogurt I don't find satiating, it's anything that's extremely low in fat.

Hmm... maybe my satiation issue is because of my hyper-insulinism - absorbing the carbs in the non-fat yogurt too quickly when there's no fat to slow down the carb absorption and causing too much insulin release too quickly?