View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-24, 09:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default How The Pioneer Woman lost weight.

Friends in Texas introduced me to The Pioneer Woman blog, Ree Drummond…especially her simple comfort food recipes and many desserts. Gave up all those when I went low carb in 2010.

She wrote an article about how she lost weight published in June 2021 and updated a few days ago. She lost 50 pounds and emphasized she did not use weight loss gummies, supplements or any of the new drugs like Ozempic. What she did use are basic, solid diet and exercise changes…including less sugar, no alcohol and increasing protein to 30-40%.

Quote:
5. I ate more protein. Another piece of information I gleaned during my weight loss plateau research was that many people successfully push through by upping the daily percentage of protein they consume. It made sense, though admittedly, I'd never thought to track my protein consumption before. Since I was already tracking my calories, it wasn't a stretch to also make note of the protein of the things I was eating on a daily basis. Turns out that on a typical day, I had been landing at around 15% to 20% of my calories from protein...so I pivoted and steered my eating so that I was around 30% to 40% protein. It worked!

Long story short: Between the muscle building and the protein increase, I pushed through my plateau just a few days later (and another plateau a few weeks later)...and those two factors alone really changed the game for me going forward. Eating more protein also made me feel more satisfied (and gave me more energy), so it was a good move for many reasons.

My favorite high-protein foods that got me through: Low fat plain Greek yogurt (add a little sugar free vanilla syrup for a sweet snack, or use it as the basis for veggie dips), low fat cottage cheese, lean beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, cod, egg whites (I'm obsessed), raw almonds, 1% milk, Swiss cheese, homemade protein balls (recipe coming soon)...I love it all! Then to fill in the blanks, lots of spinach (raw or cooked), an apple a day, kale, carrots...the good stuff!

Good list of what she did and didn’t do. Not "keto" but lower carb, lower fat, high protein and high fiber.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ree...d-got-healthier
Sponsored Links