Old Tue, Mar-05-24, 13:24

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Dark Calories: How Vegetable Oils Stole Our Health

In an email from Dr. Cate Shanahan, author of Deep Nutrition:

Quote:
Just this morning, I got a question forwarded to me from a rather panicked listener to the BioHacking Girls podcast, after my interview with them went live. She says:

After hearing episode #201 about seed oils I am quite shocked and confused. That unhealthy seed oils in ultra-processed foods are not good comes as no surprise. What is surprising, however, is the generalizability Dr. Cate draws to seed oils in general!

She explained that she is currently getting an advanced degree in nutrition and that my message to avoid the Hateful Eight seed oils contradicts much of what she’s learned. She is panicking because almost all of her fat calories have come from these oils, and worse, her growing child was eating them almost exclusively, too. Now she is unsure what to believe or what she can eat since these oils are in so many foods.

Here we have an insider who, like me (and probably you, too), had her world turned upside down by the shocking realization that seed oils are bad for you.

At this point, I need to back up and let you in on a project I’ve been working on behind the scenes.

It began in Morrison CO where I lived at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, one winter eve in 2014 while I was thinking about the precise situation the dietitian wrote me about today. That we, as a country, have no idea that we’re eating oils that destroy our health. We have all been fooled. And who is fooling us? It’s not the food companies, at least not directly. It’s certain doctors. But not ordinary doctors. It’s the doctors in positions of authority by virtue of their prestigious academic titles. The doctors who consult for drug and device companies and who educate other doctors. They’re the problem, and their corruption needs to be exposed.

That was the moment I knew I needed to write another book.

My upcoming book will pull back the curtain to reveal a hidden world of powerful truths. It’s called Dark Calories: How Vegetable Oils Stole Our Health And How We Get It Back. It’s taken me almost a decade to finish. I’ll share some of the mind-blowing discoveries from Dark Calories with you soon.

Stay tuned!

Sponsored Links