#7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-24, 01:45

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
I understand the desperation to lose weight, but even though this is not the way to go about it, with all the information pushing low fat while railing against LC, it's surprising that anyone even tries LC.

Golly, I got freedom from "food noise" by eating real food. My raging appetite calmed down when my blood sugar did. Eating enough of the right fats helps balance my hormones. I'm already eating the recommended amount of protein -- because I'm not crowding nutrients out of my diet because of a screaming junk food addiction. Which I once had. I get the suffering.

One has to be desperate to try LC, because all the marketing (not science, not even well-intentioned) has convinced the mass of the populace that the food we've eaten over millenia, as a species, will kill them where they stand.

Worse is that they know it works. "But you have to stay on it." DUH! The science is settled by now. It was science when Dr. Atkins encouraged it in his practice. "Banting" dates back to the 19th century.

It's not confusing. It's been made so.