#13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-24, 16:41

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
German physicist Max Planck: "science advances one funeral at a time." Planck noted “a new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.”

My aunt, facing a hip replacement, was told to "get her protein" by drinking Ensure.

https://ensure.com/nutrition-products/drink-ingredients

At least I've made enough progress that she found a better alternative. Heaven forbid someone EATS MEAT. Her reflexes are all low fat and dry chicken breast. And she's an active person and always has been.

And that's how they will handle the scientific findings. More protein bars for everyone!

Silly me, I was actually expecting to click on that link and see a list of ingredients in the Ensure - you know like the list that's required to be on the side of the container. Oh and a Nutrition stats panel.

But no... a glitzy looking web page that tries to make it sound like the best thing ever. Because heaven forbid you'd want to eat actual FOOD when you can eat a sugary chemical concoction.

Sigh.

*Goes off to google for a list of the ingredients and a side panel to see what's actually in it and how much "nutrition" it actually provides.*

... Now why am I not the least bit surprised to find out that all of them have a ton of carbs in them, and very little protein?