#14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-23, 17:22

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
“Obesity is a disease. It’s not about willpower — it’s about the brain.” But if your brain chooses the right real foods, you don't need willpower or Ozempic, which may manage the weight symptom, but if you continue to eat crap, your bad health symptoms will remain.

I agree absolutely. Over a decade ago I spent some time reading about the history of medicine and one of the things that has really stuck with me is that there is no single definition of “disease”. It is not a term that has a fixed scientific meaning with fixed criteria to determine whether or not something is a disease. Currently its use seems to imply that the problem is not someone’s fault because it resides in the body, and furthermore this often leads to the assumption that the only way to fix it is with a physical agent like a medication. At least that is what the pharmaceutical companies would like you to believe. In other words it gets the patient off the hook, “I’m not responsible”, and makes the pharmaceutical companies rich.