Thread: Forever Strong
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-23, 05:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The book was published today, and the Optimal Protein podcast with Vanessa Spina interviews Dr Gabrielle Lyon about Muscle Centric Medicine.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000631519674

Excellent discussion in first half about why OMAD does NOT support muscle protein synthesis and weight loss.

Her Longevity Plan is Two meals a day…at least 50 grams Protein at First and last meal. (Or more) In between you may need to add a snack or light meal of protein. FF yogurt, cottage cheese plus protein powder or a shake works well for me to get my total protein up to 145 g (1 g P per pound of ideal weight) for few calories.

Like Don Layman, this is a minimum of 100g of protein for everyone, especially seniors, spread over the day. Eating all your protein at dinner has negatives she explains. The biggest advantage to me Eating at least 50g at the first meal is satiety….throughout the day to the snack or last meal, no evening snacks, etc.

Second half includes carb threshold per meal, essential fats ( very little) and a lesson about mindset from a Navy Seal.

Dr Lyons' own podcast today is also about the book.