#8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-23, 10:18

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I wish there were studies to help explain why this works thus way. I wonder if carnivore deals with insulin resistance quicker...

Since I've done both, I can compare:

As we discussed when Keto became a buzzword instead of the science of Ketosis, people aren't doing "a diet to put a person in ketosis," which is how I did Keto. Far more are "doing keto!" based on what they see on TikTok.

It's an information gap. Mainstream health articles, which number in the billions, emphasize that keto drops the weight fast, but no one should STAY on it because MEAT KILLS. Implying that you really want to be plant-based, allegedly "for the planet." The Great Plant-Based Con is an excellent book which debunks many of these myths of veganism.

So people go in ready to bail because of vague health concerns. But there are tons of nut-based protein bars, and the plant-based ones... like with pea protein. And artificial binders and emulsifiers and sweeteners, flavors, and colors. I know, because I've seen them, that people eat 80% UPF with "keto."

And I can't even blame them because the numbers add up. Except in one's body, where that pea protein counts 2/3rds of what an animal source provides. Crunch THOSE numbers and either people get enough protein by eating more of this artificial stuff, or they don't get enough protein.

While carnivore is not subject to such confusion. It's meat, or it's not. It's balancing itself with macros and bio-availability.

Unless we are talking tofurkey or these:

Quote:
The entire ingredients label for VeganEgg is as follows: Whole algal flour, whole algal protein, modified cellulose, cellulose, gellan gum, calcium lactate (plant source), carrageenan, nutritional yeast, black salt as of Mar 2, 2023