View Single Post
  #362   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-23, 12:37

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

That was probably the best Ted Naiman video I've seen. He has his shirt on most of the time and I found that watching at 1.25X speed minimizes the annoying whine in his voice. And he did a better job of acknowledging the people who first developed some of his concepts. I was glad that the interviewer asked about carbs at the end and he conceded that people who have problems with high Fodmaps foods should eliminate or cut back on them. But the one thing he still doesn't get is that people with eating disorders in their backgrounds or major inflammatory responses to certain carbs cannot just add any 70-150g of carbs to their diet without risking a major binge, lack of self-control, and downward spiral. His laughing at people who "think" they cannot eat nightshades was not helpful. Foods (and drugs) that cause wheezing or joint pain are not just in peoples' minds. And any food that a completely satiated person still craves and could eat until they are in a food coma is not something they should dare topping up their 70g theoretical carb limit for the day because they cannot stop at 70g. Avoiding those particular things is the only way to control themselves, just as for alcoholics and drug addicts. There is still plenty of variety to eat, but people should know their personal triggers, intolerances, etc. Avoiding certain things gives some people the piece of mind and self control that they lose if they consume; it does not make them crazy.

I noticed that he is finally admitting that his beloved protein powders are highly processed so some people may not want to use them. I wonder if he will ever consider that instead of eating more protein or carbs to sustain long periods of frenetic exercise, some people should cut back on frenetic exercise or weightlifting that creates overdeveloped muscles not needed for daily living.