View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 07:35

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Well, another week gone, and starting to reach some new fitness goals.

I have added chinups, dips, leg lifts on the dip bar, and jumping rope during the week.

Did not get as much Nordic Trak time as I wished this past week, but the other additions are helping.

And, I have come up with a new perspective for carb counting for the low carb community.

The starvation diets focus on 1000 calories eaten per day as the surefire level to lose weight. (even though much of it is muscle, at those levels.)

I suggest that we LCers set a standard of BURNING at least 1000 calories through exercise every day, no matter what level of eating we may be following at the moment. Provided that a person is in ketosis, that amount will ensure that some stored fat is being burned every day. It will result in either weight loss, or redistribution of fat to muscle, and the result will be increased fitness.

Don't go to bed until you have logged 1000 calories burned on exercise for that day!

Here is my record for yesterday:

Canadian Air Force routine before Breakfast - 48
Nordic Trak skier for 69 minutes - 811
Light calesthenics, crunches, etc. - 48
3 mile jog/walk for 48 minutes - 199
Heavy calesthenics, chinups, dips, etc. -97

Total calories burned yesterday - 1203

I can really feel it in the upper legs, abs and shoulders this morning also. Should tighten up that big belly pretty quickly, neh?

Gotta go hit the Nordic Trak. Catch you later!

Keep on, keepn' on!