View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-23, 03:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

DietDoctor, Dr Ted Naiman and Marty Kendall have written many more articles about SATIETY since this Dec 2022 thread started. Fascinating and very helpful new Article today on how to PERSONALIZE Satiety on low carb, or low fatNice graphic Food lists!
Marty Kendall is Diet Agnostic, his programs support LC, Vegetarian, Carnivore, 30 diets in all, but these are the two most controversial.

Personalised Satiety: Optimising Satiety for Low Carb OR Low Fat

https://optimisingnutrition.com/per...arb-or-low-fat/

Quote:
Is low-carb or low-fat better for weight loss?
This is one of the most hotly debated topics controversies in nutrition. There are plenty of passionate people on either side of the low-carb vs low-fat divide.
But the reality is that many people lose weight by limiting either fat or carbs. Many studies also support this, like Dr Christopher Gardner’s 2018 Stanford DIETFITS trial, have shown a similar distribution of weight loss for low-carb and low-fat.

One year weight loss graphs look similar, and were not statistically different.

Quote:
Diet Quality Matters!

Back in 2018, the DIETFITS randomised clinical trial, partly sponsored by Gary Taubes and Peter Attia’s Nutrition Science Initiative (NUSI), was ground-breaking news.
They randomised 609 overweight adults to a healthy low-carb or low-fat diet for 12 months. Rather than going extremely low carb or low fat, the researchers encouraged study participants to emphasise diet quality to create the best version of their diet they could.
On average, the low-carb dieters lost a little more (6.0 kg) than the low-fat dieters (5.3 kg), but the difference was not statistically significant.

Rather than ‘which diet won,’ the more interesting observation from the study was that both diets produced massive weight loss for some people while others gained weight with the same advice.
In interviews after the study was released, Dr Gardner said the people who improved their diet quality and changed their relationship with food tended to lose the most weight. In addition, they tended to be the ones that started going to their local farmers’ market on the weekend to buy the freshest, tastiest Low Carb ingredients to create their healthy version of a low-carb or low-fat diet.
While not specifically quantified in the study, nutrient density might be the differentiating factor determining whether you will thrive on a low-carb or low-fat diet.

Quote:
. How to Personalise Your Satiety Low Carb

For a lower-carb diet, protein % is the dominant satiety factor, while potassium, fibre, calcium and sodium play a support role.

If you prefer a lower-carb diet, you should prioritise non-starchy vegetables, lower-fat dairy, seafood and meat, ideally with less added dietary fat to allow fat loss from your body.

In our Macros Masterclass, we guide Optimisers through dialling back energy from fat and carbs while prioritising protein to increase their protein % and thus satiety gradually.

More in article summary.

Also as in my Success Story, confirmed through Marty's free Nutrient analysis, that after ten years low carb, I was deficient in minerals that contribute to satiety, "People following a low carb diet typically get less magnesium, potassium, folate, calcium, Vitamins A, C and K1, while they will be getting plenty of vitamin B12 and amino acids" as in analysis above. By analyzing my diet with Nutrient Optimiser, I was also low on Selenium and Zinc, two of the 11 nutrients important for thyroid health."
I added more seafood, lean proteins, and increased FF dairy, non-starchy vegetables, and berries. I eliminated any protein meal that had less than a Protein to Energy ratio of 1 ( processed meats, bacon, sausage, cheese, fatty beef) and reduced all added fats and oils.
SATIETY and NUTRIENT DENSITY is what allows me to maintain an Ideal BMI.