#5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-23, 13:36

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekRibs
Around Christmas time I started ordering my meat from a local rancher whose livestock are born, raised and grass-fed locally. Not only is this 100% more attractive than factory farm meat, but it's wonderful to support local. <...snip...>

100% grass-fed and grass-finished meat not only tastes better, it is better for you. It has a better omega3 to omega6 ratio of fatty acids.

I don't by corn finished beef at all any more, and when some is on sale by a local rancher, it's my first choice.

I read some sources saying meat is harder to digest, and others that say veggies are harder.

I go with veggies. No carnivore needs multiple stomachs to ferment the veggie fiber like cows, or mile-long alimentary canals like horses, or eat their feces to run them through again like rabbits.

Meat may seem harder to digest, because it keeps you satiated longer than veggies, due to the fat/protein instead of sugar/starch/fiber.

I still suggest, if you are really having a more difficult time digesting meat than veggies, you need to find out why. Perhaps a med professional can help.

Perhaps your enzymes are out of whack.

Whatever you do, I hope you find the solution that is right for you.

Bob