#10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-22, 11:55

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
And there is a new video today …Dr. Pran Yoganathan. I learned about him through Marty Kendall, he is a low carb gastroenterologist, "Are we fat hunters? ” https://optimisingnutrition.com/dr-pran-yoganathan/

This talk is more about the health system. His Instagram page is popular, thoughtful writing with some humourous photos.

What are the barriers to health?
https://youtu.be/xEyu7xVT2pY

Janet, thanks for providing the link to Yoganathan's presentation. Very powerful as he identified the many complexities we now must deal with in finding a healthy way of living. The players are many and the issues are complex, coupled with the fact that our healthcare is now managed by the companies who are solely influenced by the pharmaceutical companies and food manufacturers. Plant based? Great idea, how does one navigate to the sources that are healthy and glyphosate free not to mention the degradation in these fruit and vegetables that has occurred from lack of soil nutrients? Protein? Same question, but the additional complexities are the attacks from the plant-based crowd motivated by their own ethics, as the food manufacturers are happy to produce processed, plant-based foods because of price and the ability to control the market, improved health has nothing to do with it.

And then when one visits the doctor, which tends to happen more frequently as people get on in age, the added complexity now is to find a doctor who actually has the knowledge to treat the patient without paying attention to the standards of care conveniently developed by the pharmaceutical and medical management companies. My most recent doctor visit made the clinic very nervous when they discovered I was on zero medications. They frantically searched my history to push me back in the direction I started to go over 20 years ago before I drastically changed my lifestyle. At this point in my life, I'm managing my own care and will use physicians and medical centers only when I have an emergency I cannot treat myself. It's a wacky world as the price of healthy animal protein climbs by the day . . .