View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-22, 05:25

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

For DH, it's been a total game-changer, but that's because I found this site for his CFS/ME:

Dr Sarah Myhill

Who left the National Health service so she could treat these patients with methods that helped them: everything that has done dramatic good for DH's condition is due to such physicians, and she's a marvel.

She even has a test for mitochondrial exhaustion, but it's only local to her because she and another doctor invented it. But to diagnose oneself, it's when all lab tests have eliminated other organic possibilities. It's really a post-viral syndrome, which can be triggered by ANY virus, so chasing THE virus was a serious misstep.

Now that Long COVID is a thing, we might get some recognition of her work, which treats cell exhaustion, and if a lightbulb just went on: yeah. That fundamental.

She has books on Amazon in the US. DH prefers audiobooks, but he was so impressed he immediately agreed we should put her plan into action. He's been stepping down into the diet and once he hit the full commitment level, his improvement got much faster.

It's designed to be ketogenic. And he'd seen the same thing work for me, but he can't turn on a dime that way.

So we are getting a tidier fridge, too. Nothing is going to keep! Eat it or feed the wildlife!

But we all know it's not easy... until it is.

Clarity edit: DH has been dealing with this disability level issue for longer than our marriage, which turned 21 (ready for a beverage!) recently. So he's been through the weird stuff that didn't work, though I helped him discover weird things that did work. I found the site, but he plunged into it and worked out his own routine. I consult