#12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-22, 19:11

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
"Add in worries over climate change, to which meat farming is a major contributor, and health concerns as well, especially for red meats, and there was a huge space for plant-based proteins."

No, meat farming is NOT a major contributor to climate change.

No, meat, especially red meat, is NOT a health concern.

I'm so tired of hearing otherwise intelligent people say they can't order a steak at a restaurant because they'd already had red meat one day in the past week. I have a friend who was telling me about her new air fryer from Ninja that also toasts and broils, etc. She cooked a whole chicken in it and said she knows chicken skin is "so bad for you," but it tasted so good.

It's all the processed crap that is the issue. Give me my steak and you can keep your overly processed fake food.

The cow fart/methane propaganda is pure Bull S___.

People tend to equate methane with cow farts (though their burps are worse), but we may be pointing our fingers in all the wrong places, according to a new study. The production of ammonia for fertilizer may result in up to 100 times more emissions than has been previously estimated for this sector. And that alone is more than what the Environmental Protection Agency estimates all industries emit across the U.S.

https://gizmodo.com/just-one-tiny-i...pa-h-1835376030

Plus grasslands and cows feed each other. They cows eat the grass and the cows fertilize the grass. There is no need to add anything that mother nature doesn't provide.

Farm that same land and you will need copious amounts of water, fertilizer, herbicide, and pesticide.

All this propaganda about meat harming the environment is pure propaganda by corporate soy/corn companies looking to improve their quarterly profits.

Remember, when the Europeans got to North America, there were trillions of bisons on the grasslands. More than anyone could count or even estimate. They didn't need extra water, fertilizer, herbicides, or pesticides and they didn't turn the atmosphere into a greenhouse with their burps and farts.

When you are confronted with the big lie, please help spread the real truth. Cows on grasslands are much better for the environment than corn or soybeans.

Bob