View Single Post
  #253   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-22, 07:15

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

JLx, Agree with KT on fasting. Both Dr Naiman and Marty Kendall are not fans of OMAD, but suggest more a 6-8 hour eating window mainly so you can eat enough protein. With DDF if you haven’t reached your BG trigger by when your usual first meal is, and you are hungry, you can prioritize protein and then often BG will drop 1-2 hours after a meal. It’s amazing, BG lower after a meal. Even using lean proteins, I was surprised how much fat was still in foods. In the Macro program I set fat to 30% but ended up closer to 40%. Coming from a very low carb background, adding vegetables and fruit, net carbs were mostly near 20%.

When I starting following Dr Fung, they recommended older women having a hard time losing weight fast 36 to 42 hours. I hated going to bed hungry and like KT would be freezing. Why fasting fails for so many: https://optimisingnutrition.com/dat...ils-for-so-many

That was another good interview with Dr Baker! His audio was pretty poor, but Dr Naiman's mic was fine and his answers helpful.