View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-22, 06:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'll go first. This was from January. My food lately has been pretty boring/fast/easy... plus I was just procrastinating on starting this thread.

Beef has gotten really expensive here. I found some reduced beef shank, turned the bones into broth, and the meat into a Mexican shredded beef (barbacoa). DH had his on tortillas; I was happy with this:

There was lots of extra sauce, and I didn't want to waste all that nutritious broth, so I used it to steam-poach eggs. I'm a huge fan of poaching eggs on top of thick, rich sauces. Think shakshuka. Technique is easy: bring your sauce to a simmer in a sauce pan, let it simmer for a bit if it's too thin, crack your eggs on top, put a lid on it, let it cook gently until the eggs are cooked to your liking. This was delicious, rich, very filling. I wasn't even hungry for dinner after this.

The barbacoa recipe is close to Amy and Jacky's, but it's sort of like chili in the sense that there are lots of variations and you can't really go wrong.

I hope that was the last time I purchase cilantro! I froze the rest of it, but I planted some last year. I heard that it self-seeds and you'll be cursed with it forever. I hope it grows on its own.