View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-22, 05:00

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Many Thanks Deidre! 30% protein is the % Dr. Naiman thinks would solve the obesity crisis. There wasn’t much discussion about protein a decade ago, other than "don’t eat too much" I think it is the remaining carbs and fat percentage that really messed me up. As I got closer to goal, the advice was to increase dietary fat because less energy is coming from your body. But that chart in talk above/NANY, fixed protein at a very low 15-18%, and dietary fat in maintenance at 70%. ( the numbers are slightly different in NANY attached below for a 5’ 10” man, but concept same ). Like you I also tried every variety of carb and fat adjustment out there.

To continue to lose the last few pounds, I now keep fat around 40% but can see it drifting higher in my future version of maintenance. But it will be markedly more protein and less fat than these "keto" phases. Thank you for sharing the details of your macros and foods. ..this is perfect! I eat around 20% carbs, but all from vegetables, berries and low fat dairy, focusing on their nutrients. Lean meat and low fat dairy satiate me, rather than make me hungry. My body may still be trying to replenish nutrients that were insufficient before.