Thread: Osteoporosis
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 17:49

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

I can only share what I did for my son when orthopedists thought the bone of my teen son was lacking calcium and he based this on an x-ray for another issue.

I had to dig deep because the advice was to take Ca supplements and drink milk. Not my first choice of calcium. Of course none of this was passed on to the referring doctor, my son's pediatrician. Left to address on my own.

Sooooo..... Pushed eating quality foods. Whole Foods. Take it a lunch to school, no school lunches.

Added vit K2, 100 mcg a day.

Do some farm chores, stop sitting in chair so much. He splits wood without a shirt, getting quite dark. Splitting wood sends impact vibrations thru the whole body.

Vit D3. 5000 units in summer, 10,000 in winter. With Covid , summer kept at higher 10,000 units.( Imo a blood test is warranted. )

Magnesium threonate.... Good for passing into brain.

Calcium from food, not a pill. Real meats, lots of beef. Lots. Somes nuts, some cheeses. Not a fan of milk but do buy organic grass fed milk occasionally for him. At $5 per half gallon.

He had no follow up, as pediatrician didn't know what I was talking about....

Currently, years later, my son walks miles on a college campus and participates in fencing. His knees no longer cause pain. His cognitive abilities are also better. Meaning, a problem in one area may actually be throughout the entire body.

And he has kept to primarily meats and veg; eating at the University rated the "best food " of all colleges and universities in US. It was the one of the reasons for him to attend there, and
not W PI that served parents loads of 🍝 pasta.

I realize this is dealing with a teen boy, but I'm seeing overlapping 'treatment'.

My mother has been increasing her bone scan scores, she eat very well and takes vit K2. Fozamax. Trying to get her to stop this......read one source that said bone was of poor quality, not strong bone but weak.

Anyway, a bit long, sorry.