View Single Post
  #1544   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 05:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......I loved your beach pictures! I NEED to see the ocean again. I can just walk the beach and sit and watch the waves for hours. Lucky you!

I hope work is not too stressful for you this week.

Trig & Nic.....hope you had a good weekend!

---------

No middle of the night calls from Betty last night. All that means is that she didn't get up to use the bathroom. She is totally incontinent so the only reason for her to use the toilet is for #2. She has been having diarrhea the past few days, which is not unusual. Yesterday when DH took her dinner, she told him that she hadn't eaten anything all day(other than the toast that DH made for her at 4AM). I knew she would do that. She figures if she doesn't eat, she won't have to "go". How horrible for her. She did eat the cheeseburger that DH took her last night. It is her favorite thing to eat. At 8 this morning we're going to call her nurse and get in touch with social services to see where we go from here. She, and we, cannot go on like this. We can't bring her here and us moving in with her is no long term solution. We're hoping someone will visit today to evaluate the situation and give us some guidance. I think she's to the point where she needs more help than we can give, whether at her home or in a facility. She has always resisted in home care other than her visiting nurse. I don't think she'll go along with someone there all the time and I'm not sure that's the best option. She is already thinking that she's going to have to go to a place where there is more help for her. She has often told DH that when the time comes, she won't put up a fight. Yesterday morning at 4AM when DH had to help her off the toilet, she said "Well, I know what this means." We are lucky that her mind is still good. Sorry for dumping all this here, but it helps my stress level to get it out.

I think this will be a rough week for all of us. We've been on borrowed time for a long time. It's amazing she has been fairly independent for this long.

Thanks for listening!