View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-21, 12:01

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

OK... I'd never seen it capitolized before, but it's something I've been using/promoting for a few decades now, with exactly that name.

I don't mean what they mean, though!!!

I mean:
You're hungry? You need to eat something. Listen to your body.

What are you craving? That craving probably represents a deficiency you need to fill.
Craving candy (Jolly Ranchers, Twizzlers type candy -- straight sugar with a mild fruit flavor)? You need vitamin C. (If you're really interested, I can go into the long story that is behind this... basically, lived this with 30 other people... when we had no C in our diets, we first craved foods with it, then craved candy.)

Craving chocolate? OK.... Well, it might be you just need some good, old-fashioned dark chocolate, but if there isn't a bar of 90% chocolate on your top shelf, try a dollop of peanut butter.

You want chips? Oh, clearly you need salt! Have some boullion and seaweed snacks! (The latter you can eat *like chips*, they are usually flavored with sesame oil, AND they're a nutritional powerhouse.)

You're craving beef? Cook it with some broccoli in cast iron, and give yourself some bonus iron.

The idea here is that:
* Your body knows what it needs
* Your body will send you messages about what you need, based on where it's "found" those things in the past
* Your body (as opposed to your brain) lacks language. If it can't get the thing it REALLY needs, it'll try for something close.

I'll use this when someone is "hungry for" something, but doesn't know what, and everything you have on hand "doesn't sound good".

"If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?"
The answer -- if you use your intelligence & break it down -- will usually have the "answer" to breaking the craving.

This other nonsense? Eating whatever you want whenever you want? That's not "intuitive eating", that's indulgent, unrestrained eating, and does not lead to health -- physical or mental.