View Single Post
  #836   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 00:27

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Our daughter graduated from high school last night, which was awesome and gratifying. It was maybe a bit melancholy as well - there are some great kids and parents we will no doubt lose touch with. Afterwards I took her to the senior sleep-over (chaperoned at one of the local resorts). I stayed awake most of the night, knowing I was coming right back onto night shift after my one night off.

She texted me at 6:30 AM, saying she was ready to be picked up. After I got her home, I napped until about noon.

We had a funeral to attend for a good friend at 1:30 PM, which was followed by a military color guard. They fired a three volley rifle salute and presented the flag to his widow. The soldier in charge of the color guard says, "On behalf of the president of the United States, the United States Army and a grateful nation, please accept this flag as a symbol of our appreciation for your loved one’s honorable and faithful service". As he presents the flag.

After taps finished playing, everyone was crying a lot. It's been a weird roller-coaster of emotions in the past 24 hours, that's for sure.

After the funeral, we went home, and I swapped out my good shoes for work boots, and swapped out my good shirt for a sweat shirt, packed my lunch, and went right back to it again. Life is a legit nocturnal hamster wheel right now.

Another walk at work, on nights.
Went a full hour (mostly on the phone - bedtime call with family). 3.6 miles, at 3.6 miles/hour of course!

Hopefully I pushed the need for my own military funeral back by another day.