View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-21, 12:23

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
The researchers blended genetics, metabolism, physiology, morphology and archaeology of tool development to resolve the question of whether Stone Age humans were specialized carnivores or generalist omnivores.

Genetics, metabolism, physiology and morphology I have to take at face value. Assuming they know their craft.

But tools for hunting but not gathering, cave paintings for hunting but not gathering, hunted animal residue in caves but not vegetable food, seem to me support at least a mostly carnivore diet.

Also I know that carnivores are smarter than herbivores. Nobody says 'smart as a cow', 'sly as a rabbit', or attributes much intelligence to herbivores.

The fact that humans can live on a carnivore diet without supplementation, but not a vegan diet without supplementation is known.

Since the results were published in the Yearbook of the American Physical Anthropology Association I suspect it's open for peer review to study.

Me? I don't subscribe to any 'named' diet other than Keto, because it works for me. I do eat nuts, which are seeds, but seldom eat fruit or vegetables. I eat a lot of dairy too. I'm definitely not Paleo or Mediterranean.

I had a pizza on a low carb flax/millet flatbread for lunch with a little bit of tomato (fruit) sauce on it.

I'm not promoting an exclusive carnivorous diet or anything else, just reporting what I read and found interesting and related to low carb living.

Bob