View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-21, 10:00

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Mike, Rob has stated in detail, what I was going to say. However, my phrasing would make a slightly different point. I was going to suggest that this shift is good training for maintenance.
I'm 60 years old. When I was 39, I was pointed to Protein Power by my slender sil. She had heard from somewhere about the science of avoiding sugar. I jumped on it and lost 60-70 lbs between May and November. However, I had developed diet fatigue, only mitigated by the thrill of seeing the scale go down. I was addicted to the reward of losing for the sake of it. I was not headed for an eating disorder because I was still all about taste and finding what I could eat without gaining. But, once I h it goal, it got boring to see the same number on the scale all the time and still have to constantly think about what I ate.
My point is, you're exercising, which is good, and will undo the skin-stretch damage, which can be discouraging after all the effort to lose. You're just at a point where maybe the scale is not your friend and you can start to look for alternative, real-life motivation and encouragement.
And, congratulations. You're making it work.