#6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-21, 10:59

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Hey, Nordic and welcome. Many are following Atkins 72 on this forum, but they may refer to it as something else. I made a personal decision years ago that I would remain in induction permanently, as it helped quite a bit with improved health, lower weight, and more energy. "Why increase the carbs?" I reasoned. So, I've been maintaining as what I once referred to as a VLCHFKD (Very Low Carb, Higher Fat, Ketogenic Diet) state. I now refer to it as keto or VLC. I've increased my protein, tempered my fat consumption, and still maintain my health and weight using this approach.

So, when I say very low carb, I'm staying around or less than 20-25 carbs per day depending on the day. I think Atkins induction makes sense for those of us who have experienced carb addition in the past, yes, it's a real thing. I just made it my permanent WOE (way of eating). You'll find many on this forum who have a very similar WOE with interesting variations. We tend to find what works best, and it's an individual thing in many cases. Enjoy the group, as there is lots of good information shared here.

I'm on my way back to Atkins 72, having tried everything else since coming to the ALCF 2015,. I had my best weight loss with the induction level in months losing all excess weight ... back in the early 1970s when the book first came out & I was at university & in my 20s. I began there again 2015 but being an over-educated fool, experimented my way to failure. May be a week or two before I am here again, since I have a fridge full of unAtkins. I have a journal here, Desert Mo 2. Keep the faith . . .