#164   ^
Old Sun, Jan-31-21, 10:33

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Results of my second challenge this month, almost six months total. Another two pounds from where I left off before Christmas..but finally! Waking BG is more often under 100 and I lost a half inch from waist so back to a waist:height of .5. My BG ranges are still flat-line but lower. DDF is almost unnecessary, my BG drops so slowly from waking, and 8 times out of 10, the trigger to eat is at noon.

Excellent. Similar to my metrics when I did the 3-day baseline. I've been eating 2 meals/day for quite a while, and it was nice to record my BG and conclude that what I have been doing is making me very insulin sensitive. My first meal is usually at noon, and I played with moving my eating window earlier, but now I'm finding that as long as I consume my 2nd meal by 5:30-6pm, I'm in good shape metabolically. It would have been interesting if I tried DDF way back when I first went LC to see what improvements have been made. I'm sure my baseline back then would have been different, but I'll never know by how much.

Now on to viewing Marty and Ted's latest . . . .

ETA: One of the more recent articles by Marty compares those eating OMAD to multiple meals and related caloric consumption. The fascinating thing is that those who ate 2 meals a day had the lowest consumption of calories. The fascinating part is that this isn't purposeful calorie deprivation, it's simply the dynamic of hunger and consumption for those eating twice a day. We naturally desire eat less. Consistent with my realization that I eat much less than when I ate "healthy high carb" not because I'm limiting myself, but because I eat to satiety, and my "off" switch kicks in much sooner.