View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-21, 12:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 328/266.8/230 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks for all the great replies and suggestion. I just ordered a body fat scale so I can better see progress. I also ordered another scale to use to make sure my scale is accurate. I am pretty much intermittent fasting as well, I usually condense all of my meals within 8 hours or less. I do have occasional snacks, cheese or nuts or low carb shakes or protein bars. Many days I go all day on just a Atkins shake and 2 eggs or a protein bar. I actually tell my wife many evenings before supper that I have run all day on like 400 calories.

My hunger is pretty much non-existent. I'll try the weight averaging approach, I like that idea. An interesting thing about the keto test strips with me is that for the longest time I was barely registering on the strips. A lot of what I have learned says that it doesn't really matter how dark you are on the scale as long as you are showing in ketosis. The last few weeks I have been darker than normal.

I probably am just shifting and converting fat to muscle, but it seems a little discouraging to lose so fast then slow down as much as I have. I am down 3 pant sizes and went from a 3 xl T-shirt which I refused to wear out in public to a 2xl and some xl's that I am not embarrassed to be seen in. I also bought a leather jacket 2 sizes smaller than I normally wear for rides on my Harley - I'm thinking it's a good motivator.

I know I feel and look a whole lot better and plan to continue. I am having a total knee replacement on Feb 17th, I hope the hospital stay and their food doesn't set me back! I am thinking riding my recumbent bike 6 miles daily will have my legs in good condition going into the surgery thus helping me to recover quicker. I'll keep referring back to this thread to help with motivation, I appreciate all the support!