View Single Post
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-20, 05:30

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Jean and Rob, you have great BG levels and no need for DDF.
I am still working on lowering BG, but update...I reached my first goal and lost 20 pounds from 2020 to get back into a "healthy BMI" and even did it after Thanksgiving. I didn’t officially Optimize Nutrition, but adhered closely to Ted Naiman’s Low Energy Diet (awful name) https://www.lowenergydiet.com/Tips.html. Tried to up vegetable carbs to 15% of energy, and the allowed yogurt and diet soda were "treats" I rarely had those in the past VLC eating. My meals were nutrient dense because that's all PE has, even with a regular cheat of red wine with beef meals
So fascinated by timed eating with a meter I am testing three brands, and plan next week to have glucose and insulin tests to check lab results against the meters. Also out of "stay at home" boredom I figured out how to use Marty's spreadsheet in Google Drive on my Mac so Now I see those conditional colors highlighting the results. New spreadsheet trick and at baseline goal weight. All good, so on to adding strength training and reaching another weight goal...and maybe (still maybe) try an Optimising Nutrition Masterclass. The simple plan to only eat what's on the above page has worked so far, and the thought tracking every bite still does not appeal much.