#80   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 09:45

Plan: IF+HP+Cycling+Stillman
Stats: 148/147/130 Female 5’6”
BF:29%/27%/20%-25%
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemaste
Apparently, it’s down to fat gain - strange phenomenon.

Great that Thanksgiving dinner didn’t impact the scale - let’s hope it doesn’t show up in a few days. I know only too well what you mean by the weight coming on a few days later, it’s happened to me... I think I’ve got away with something I shouldn’t have eaten, then bam - I’m a couple of pounds up. I’m sure you’ll be OK though because you went straight back on to Keto so that should shrink any fat cells lurking around waiting to be filled. I’ve come to realise, it’s our fat cells that are greedy, not us!

I’m doing Ok, but ended up moving back to SB - weekends tend to be difficult. My chronic fatigue has gone up a notch too but there’s not much I can do about that. I’ve decided I’m going to go hardcore for a couple of weeks because I was just offered surgery and I don’t want to go under at this weight. They offered me NY eve! I refused because I’ll be with family and it would mean spoiling everyone’s plans. Then they asked if I could come in the next day! I again explained I couldn’t. I do need this surgery and I don’t want to keep turning down appointments but I would like some warning and for it not to be during the holidays. I’m hoping they offer me the end of Jan or early Feb.

How interesting on iron and fat gain in women! I have avoided iron in supplements for quite a few years due to my age/ummm stage of life (no longer losing iron monthly), but I do probably get a fair amount in my diet due to the amount of red meat I eat. I like the taste of chicken and fish, but somehow find red meat more satisfying when cutting back on carbs and fats. Sigh.

Sending best wishes on upcoming surgery (scheduling and success).

Does your chronic fatigue respond differently to different meal plans? It must be hard to navigate dieting with that additional complexity. It is hard enough with regular fatigue!

Ah, the trouble with weekends and going hardcore...we ended up having to do a fair bit of driving and visiting my in-laws again yesterday...I was unprepared and caved on eating...to make up for that I am planning to eat just one meal today, then fast 48 hours. I will eat 1 Keto meal Tuesday night then go to my physical 14 hours fasted. That plan might throw off my labs (I gather fasting and Keto and fat loss can temporarily increase LDL in some people) but it might be interesting feedback on fasting and labs, and it will help with the scale (which my doctors seem more excited about anyway). At this point, Stillman's alone might not be enough to avoid the dreaded calorie lecture!

After my physical, I will settle back into a more aggressive fat loss plan, emphasizing lean protein, as in Stills, with veg and extra fat as needed for energy and sustainability. I have always liked the flexibility of the Stillman 14-day Shape-up Plan. Just that little bit of veg helps somehow. It is soup weather here...hoping chicken and veggie soup can provide sharable family meals to make weekends easier to navigate through December.

Hope the rest of your weekend was lovely.