#12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-26-20, 04:54

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123
At the end of May, weight in at 108 kg I decided for my health's sake I had to lose weight. Here I am 3 months later and although I am down by 10kg (22 lbs) it has been hard going and some days it is hard to hang on to the thought that it is worth it. I am not starving myself, just cutting down on carbs and sugars and keeping generally lowish calorie. I've also started to exercise on a bicycle every day.

What is even more dispiriting though is that I read that although you may not lose much in weight you are probably still losing inches. I'm not though. I've lost only around 2.5 inches on my stomach and 3 cm around my hips.

I don't want to give in and end up back where I was as I think at my age (75) I am not going to find it any easier in a year's time.

Sometimes when I see other people who are overweight I think 'I don't look down on them because they are plump' what does it matter, then I think I'm not doing it for what other people think, I want to be healthier than I am and live a little longer. But it's such slow going and I have no one around me to urge me on or even be supportive.

Welcome to the "discouraged" club. It can be so so slow. Here I am over 8 months into lower and lower carb consumption and am still waiting to lose the 20 pounds I set out to lose. None of the advice worked for me. Or so it seems. IF didn't work. Carnivore didn't work. Induction didn't work. Faithfully weighing and measuring, daily weigh-ins, exercise and on and on - I am still trying to lose the last of those pesky 20 pounds.

I know, for myself, eating more carbohydrates will put on the pounds faster than a spinning top. There is no other pathway to losing for me. It is just taking longer to realize my goal. And wait, and wait, and wait - - - -