View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-20, 15:17

Plan: own modified
Stats: 238/212/176 Female 180
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Beginning to get so dispirited!

At the end of May, weight in at 108 kg I decided for my health's sake I had to lose weight. Here I am 3 months later and although I am down by 10kg (22 lbs) it has been hard going and some days it is hard to hang on to the thought that it is worth it. I am not starving myself, just cutting down on carbs and sugars and keeping generally lowish calorie. I've also started to exercise on a bicycle every day.

What is even more dispiriting though is that I read that although you may not lose much in weight you are probably still losing inches. I'm not though. I've lost only around 2.5 inches on my stomach and 3 cm around my hips.

I don't want to give in and end up back where I was as I think at my age (75) I am not going to find it any easier in a year's time.

Sometimes when I see other people who are overweight I think 'I don't look down on them because they are plump' what does it matter, then I think I'm not doing it for what other people think, I want to be healthier than I am and live a little longer. But it's such slow going and I have no one around me to urge me on or even be supportive.
Sponsored Links