View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-20, 08:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey NHSB. I'm not KeyTones, but I can confirm that you can do daily strength training and not get DOMS. That used to be one of my excuses for not doing it daily. I think the lower volume and limiting the time to 10 minutes is part of it, but I think another part for me is having eliminated almost all seed oils. I did this about a year ago because of bad shoulder tendinitis that just wouldn't go away, and now I can do a basic workout every day - no soreness - for basically the first time in my life. Oh, and no exacerbation of the tendinitis or other chronic inflammatory stuff like the arthritis in my spine or carpal tunnel syndrome.

I don't have a pull-up bar and I won't be spending money any time soon, so my basic workout is from Dr Chatergee found here. It's pushups (I do them against the kitchen counter), squats, tricep dips and calf raises. I alternate between that and simple dumbell stuff + lunges because I think if you're going to keep it short and sweet, you should try to avoid just doing the same thing over and over, or else it's only certain muscles getting stronger and adapting too well. I throw in yoga here and there, too.