View Single Post
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-20, 14:17

Plan: Dr Ted Naiman + IF
Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%

Understood. We've just had this discussion before, so I did not understand why again.

I ended up with neuropathy in my feet which probably never would have happened if I had gotten my blood sugar down into my current range having lost more than 50 additional pounds by switching from LCHF to high protein mod fat. So, my personal health was actually damaged while I believed that increasing the fat was supposed to be the answer and I also lived in fear of driving my glucose up with protein, which turned out to be false. Megan Ramos has talked about people getting diabetic complications, even at prediabetic blood glucose levels. Unfortunately, that was me. My blood glucose and weight came down with more protein, it did not go up!

I was stuck in the 250 range at least since 2009-2010, trying various things that temporarily worked, only to return back to the 250s, and very quickly. Like very high fat 80%, fat fasts, Kwasniewki's Optimal Diet, Fung Fasting with LCHF, and I even bailed and tried the potato hack/McDougall (they put out the promise of weight loss and resolving diabetes just as hard as the low carbers do) thinking low carb does not work and believe it or not, then got a gastric sleeve - and that made me even fatter (lost to 225, ended up at 277 lbs). It has been a long road.

I believe people could reverse diabetes and prediabetes if they can't get out of those ranges on LCHF if they would just try this. But most of the low carb world does not believe it.