Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones
Merpig,

I don't think this thread is for you.

I really don't want to discourage people from trying P:E plan. I believed the compete and total BS that protein "is like chocolate cake" for a long time and it SET ME BACK MANY YEARS trying to work low carb high fat. I know low carb high fat works for a lot of people, but the low carb camp keeps putting out bad information about protein and exercise that is not supported by the science.

Protein does not make blood glucose "soar" when following a low carbohydrate diet. I don't know if you have a health issue or what the situation is.

Again, this is not supported by the science when following a low carbohydrate diet. I have tested it to death with a continuous blood glucose monitor.

As Dr. Naiman says, if you eat a lot of extra fat with the protein, it does make you more insulin resistant and yes you will see higher glucose because of the fat that came with the protein. But protein by itself does not do this.

Seriously? Sorry, but who are you to tell anyone that this thread is not for them? We all have a right to post on any thread we like. I applaud Merpig and others for wanting to learn about a different plan, and then offer their own experience with the approach -- information that might help others with the same experience.

No one plan is right for everyone, and one of the basic tenets of this forum is to be supportive of each other in our individual journeys toward health. We're all here to learn and to share experiences. Telling someone they're wrong and don't belong here is not very supportive in my opinion.