Thread: Atkins 72?
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-20, 09:26

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Agree with Glenda. I've been burning primarily fat for energy for many years as opposed to glucose other than the small amounts of glucose from the very few vegetable carbs I consume and that produced by my metabolism. I eat a very varied and rich diet. I've found this WOE very reasonable to maintain. My health has improved over the years, as I'm now approaching age 69 no longer needing any prescribed medications. It's important to find how things work for you, and while I have the utmost respect for Dr. Westman, he is simply one voice on the topic. Having been in a ketogenic state for many years by making adjustments and course corrections along the way by learning from experts including the many good people on this forum, I can state confidently that keto works and works very well.

That being said, there are many ways to construct a low carb lifestyle that works for you. Having a thirst for and consuming related knowledge serves you well in achieving your goals. Be willing to experiment along the way as you continue to construct your eating lifestyle.