Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%

2/24 212 ketones none; sleep 4 1/2 hours; bp 117/63
2/25 212 ketones none; sleep 7 1/2 hours; bp 109/55
2/26 211 ketones trace; sleep 5 hours
2/27 210 ketones trace; sleep 6 1/2 hours

Thanks!

I used to post my fasting schedule on another forum. One lady with an eating disorder felt triggered, but the admin said fasting is mainstream now, so she left the thread.

I then became concerned that I might be fasting too much and hired the director of the Jason Fung program for coaching/advice. I have a schedule that isn't recommended for general use, since I'm a special case. My mother tried to starve me before I was fully grown because I was fat in the 70s (I swear, when I look at pictures, you wouldn't even think so now, kids now are so much larger, but they were all skinny back then). She found a quack that put me on prescription diet pills when I was 10 years old. I was made to go to weight watchers when I was a kid/teen. I starved the heck out of myself in school and college. I've been on everything - Jenny Craig, NutriSystems, etc. I've done all the diet hacks. I did the potato hack for months on end. I did a fat free vegan diet for 1 1/2 or 2 years plus hours of biking (typically 2 hours) until I got so cold and so much fatigue and brain fog I couldn't even walk up small inclines or drive home without missing freeway exits. I got to maybe 190 pounds then reverted right back to 250 when I had to give up being to ill to go on with it. I have a failed gastric sleeve. It is really terrible. I have even had my hair fall out from trying to starve myself.

My metabolism is really abnormal after all of that, so I don't give out my schedule, and the director doesn't want me to do that either. It is not for general use. I don't precisely use it - I look at it as a guide and try not to go outside of what I should be doing over time when I look at trends over a few months. I also make my schedule highly irregular so that it keeps working (I don't let my body figure out/expect anything).

I also subject myself to regular monitoring. I have standing labs and a communication system set up with my doctor when I do extended fasting, and I keep a list of symptoms to watch for that I have gathered from everywhere (my doc, the Fung program, the Valter Longo program, and others).

You absolutely can lose that second 100 pounds. I used to think I couldn't get below the 250 pounds without tanking my metabolism and making myself sick from fatigue, hair falling out, etc. I don't believe that anymore. I feel good now.

It takes high protein, intermittent fasting, and intensive exercise (body weight resistance exercises/calisthenics as well as intensive, short bursts of aerobic exercise, like jump squats, bike sprints, rowing, etc.).