View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-20, 11:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Agree with werebear.

I’m a type one diabetic and have not tried DF, but have tried loads of low carb products over the last 15 years and always had same result. Unless it is just fiber they are subtracting, all claims regarding sugar alcohols and resistant/indigestible starches (exceptions being erythritol, monk fruit, stevia) are lies and do cause massive spikes.
Whether these would impact a non diabetic I certainly can’t say, but I would say replacing a highly processed food with an unprocessed one (examples for pasta would be spiralized zucchini, broccoli slaw, spaghetti squash, etc...) will always be healthier choice. Sometimes now I just use broccoli florets or green beans with various “pasta sauces” and proteins like shrimp, tofu or chicken meatballs....

The processed “wow this reminds me of real pasta” products I do use are shirataki and the bean based pastas. I think the brand on the black bean pasta or edamame (the two lowest in carbs) is beyond or imagine or something. It’s a white box with red border at Whole Foods. Sea point also now has edamame one.
I usually pick veggies, make these more a sometimes food, and watch portion size bc they are SO high fiber and will mess with your stomach.

As always, your mileage may vary.