View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 07:40

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, everyone! It is Thursday, the second day of the New Year.

Life resumes some normality today, with DH and DS18 going back to work and school, respectively. DS21 is still here of course but he's a breeze. I doubt I'll see him before noon!

Lori- I love, love, love your word choice and focus for the year. I especially love how you explained it. You are so right. Excellent!!

I hope you feel better and your headache fades. A cappuccino sounds like a lovely treat!

Jaz- They are into BUICKS?? I didn't even know those were MADE anymore!!

I don't know what I weighed last January but I am certain I am up more than four pounds! Probably more like 10. But I'm back on the wagon now. Let's go!

Blue- You are right, it is definitely a comfortable car. You can hardly feel the road at all. Usually I'm not a fan of that- I prefer a rougher feel to my vehicles- but DH likes smoother driving cars. I'm just happy he is so happy with it. Lord knows he has earned it.

You have had so many nice social events and occasions, both large and small, this past month and a half. You handle them all so well too. You are a friendly, open soul.

Trig- Welcome home, friend! I know you will check in once you come up for air!
I'm eager to hear about the trip!

•••••••••••••

Yesterday was such a nice day, and the perfect way to bring in the New Year. We went pottery painting at 3, so there was plenty of time to just relax and chill. Pottery painting was just fun, it always is to me. I started out trying to do a fairly naughty plate but I could not get the silk screen to come out the way I wanted it to. I finally gave up but ended up with a nice salad size plate that I decorated with flowers of different types, that says "Bloom in 2020."

After that we went to a Hibachi Restaurant and enjoyed dinner together.

My word for the year is a phrase instead- "Lighten Up." For one, weight wise, it is time to Lighten Up. Then, to take things less seriously, and enjoy things more without getting hung up on the minutia. And finally, to spread light and goodwill in my interactions with others- to make this a more conscious choice. So that's mine.. Lighten Up!

Jaz- what you described for your word reminded me of DS21's phrase for the year- he chose Head Down. He has some aspirations for this year (170 on the LSAT, do well in his internship in NYC and secure a job offer post graduation etc) and that was his way of saying to focus, and drill down. Anyway, made me think of you.

Got the kitchen cleaned up a bit this morning- cleaned some stuff out of the fridge that needed to go, put sweet stuff down the disposal that was out and cluttering my counter, made sure some LC foods were front and center. We've been moving out the Xmas stuff a bit at a time. It's now cluttered on the dining room table and then DH gets it put away for us. The tree stays into February. I have the lights on right now! Every morning, every night!

I'm going to declutter some shelves in the upstairs hall today and then have DS21 help me load the donation stuff into the car. I have a box of books that need to go out and they are too heavy for me to lift. Hopefully he can manage it. I also want to dust and vacuum the upstairs bedrooms. The new cleaning lady starts next week. We last had someone come in November and I've been keeping up pretty well but it is time to get in there better.

Guess that is about it for me! Today will be a great day!