View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 18:44

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Happy New Year y'all!!!!

Lori---I love the framing you put behind your word, "gratitude." That was so beautifully thought out and said. And looks like it motored your right thru your run on a windy winter day. I bet you felt fab when you got home. I remember that from long ago when I used to run---how dang good it felt when I got done, LOL.

Thanks for starting up the new thread. Love "the 2020 edition" part, kind of like we're a novel w/many episodes.

Nic---I am going to dub you guys "The Fun Family." You have so many original and delightful family rituals. You are excelling in the memory making duty of parenthood! Loved the story about the crazy dinner and everyone's improving, more adult tastes.

And I love Lexus cars. I don't really care about cars much as long as they get me from A to B, but if I could splurge on a car it would be a Lexus. Gads, they are gorgeous, COMFORTABLE in every way. Good for your hubby---adults deserve their toys now and then too.

Jaz---Wow, what a shnook that guy was! And then the reason reveals itself. And then he drives drunk to get the oxygen there. Thinking he'll be w/out a job in the new year.

Although tiring, seems like it would be a good feeling to be doing what you do so well w/out that freaking company you used to work for hanging over your talents and throwing up road blocks every mile of the way. Also, you are back on the "stage" in your career---where the action is, so to speak. Do you like that? It just sounds so much more fulfilling and interesting than office work 9 to 5.

YES! I am ready to start talking about a trip next year, 2021. Not too early, as we have found out! I would love to do Savannah or New Orleans and preferably when it's still cold here, although we don't have anything on the calendar next year and I'll go whenever everyone else can.

Trig--- Looking forward to hearing about your New Year's Eve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a lovely Xmas Eve. Some wealthy pals of ours rented the party room at one of our fave restaurants, complete w/fireplace and twinkling lights, and a big white linen U-shaped table for us all to gather around. About 25 people there I think. Our pal picked up the entire tab---cocktails, several appetizers, salad, entree and dessert. 5 choices of entrees each as good as the next.

We knew about half the folks there, but this couple's parties are always an eclectic mix of people you don't know as well as those you do. Sat next to a charming woman from Tucson and we had the best conversation about all kinds of things. Wish she lived here!

Were home by 10:30. Perfect. I'm now happy to say hello to the New Year the next morning. Curled up in bed w/my new bed and was in dream land long before the stroke of midnight.

Went to breakfast for lunch w/a pal from the bldg at our fave neighborhood diner. This place is Kitchy-cozy and the breakfasts are cheap and divine. Everything done perfectly. Was happy to get out as it was a gorgeous winter day here, sunny and very mild. No snow, no wind, no ice. YAY.

Read and snoozed off and on all afternoon. Going to eat now, then we're going to start the third season of "Mrs. Maizel." Very nice, lazy, relaxing first day of the year.

Oh, and on the word of the year thing. Will have to think about it. Haha, can't even remember my word from last year, which indicates I missed the point.