#26   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-19, 08:49

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Yes, if there was one diet that worked for everyone, there would only need to be one diet book.

Sometimes it's funny how for the same species how different bodies have different nutritional needs and sensitivities.

I have two married vegan friends. They eat the same thing and about the same amount as far as I can tell. They work together and have pretty much the same activity level. One is overweight and the other slim.

Hmmm, growing in a pot or hydroponics. That is definitely food for thought. Thanks!

Bob

Another possibility you might consider is Square Foot Gardening, a concept that Mel Bartholomew wrote a book about in the early 80's, but he's written at least one updated book since then - seems that he eventually came up with a soil mix that minimizes the need for watering, and eliminates the need for fertilizer. You can google Square Foot Gardening, and read an overview of the system on wikipedia.

I remember having two 4'X4' planting beds at one place we lived back in the mid-80's, and even though they didn't provide an abundance of vegetables (primarily due to the varieties I chose to plant at the time), I was surprised at how much those small plots produced, especially compared to how little time was involved in caring for them.