View Single Post
  #2147   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-19, 21:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Suffice to say we all empathize w/that grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr feeling when we've put time and care into communicating w/our pals here and one false move and it's gone!

Lori---Hey, I have a question for you. Do you have a daily carb goal? Perhaps you've mentioned it and I've forgotten or it's changed. Came to mind when I read your post about how well you did at the neighborhood picnic, except for a couple of light beers. I don't do beers, but I'm thinking a light beer can't have that many carbs?

Trig---105! YIKES. I'd be near comatose. Hope it cools down a bit for you.

Jaz---And to you too pal, ugh on the heat. I really couldn't take it for as long as you guys in the south do. I know you feel the same about our winters, but while it's true they can be rigorous, and you do have to keep your windows closed, you CAN bundle up on 95% of winter days and get outside and take a walk, put some apples in your cheeks. When it's that hot there's NOWHERE but inside to go.

Again, you sound so good on the woe. But I'm wondering what your tummy troubles are about? I say so because I do sometimes feel that when I'm doing OMAD. The cream iced coffees or bullet proof coffees in the cooler weather do curb my appetite, but sometimes I feel just a bit nauseous, and it comes and goes, passes. Think it might be the richness of the fat on an empty stomach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always thinking about how to bob and weave w/the woe, and my latest thought is I really have to watch what I order LC when I'm out. In restaurants I know and trust, I'm fine. But had a nasty meal at a new and hipster restaurant on Saturday. Chicken wings and green beans. Should have been fine, but the wings weren't done enough for me, and the green beans were "charred" which I thought would be good, but the char was bossy and biter and drowned out all the other good spices in the beans. Whole thing w/tip cost me almost $30.

Doesn't happen all that often, but often enough to make me think about it---not necessarily that the food is bad, like it was yesterday, but that it just isn't good enough to be worth it.

(My pal OTOH who is not LC, had a Belgium waffle w/berries and whipped cream for less than half the price. I had a small bite and it was divine. UGH. Just another challenge w/LC eating.)

It is not realistic for me to never go out to eat. So I'm thinking I need to maybe "pre-eat" sometimes to curb my appetite and the check. Particularly if I'm not going to a place where I know there's an "Old faithful."

On plan today, but have not been good about my pool exercise this last week. Just feeling so lazy. Have to correct that starting tomorrow, whether I feel like it or not. Because I know once I get started, I'm fine, and feel so much better physically when I do it.