View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-19, 16:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/228/140 Female 5’8”
BF:
Progress:

Caco - I'm impressed that you're working out at the hotel. Dedication!

I pulled the dreaded carb addict stunt last night. I ate great and low carb all day, then DH left to do some work and I decided I needed my drug of choice. It was OK, cause it would be my dinner. Drove to the store and bought two very high calorie, very high carb desserts and scarfed them down on the drive home and after I got home.

Anybody have any tips to deal with these emotional carb addict cravings? I did a lot of reading around this site last night to get some insight. There is a lot of good historical info on here. I guess some take-aways are to have a low-carb alternative handy (I'm thinking Atkins shakes or dark-chocolate) or to self inflict mind-games ("It will still be available in a week or a month or a year if I really need to have it.") I don't know, I think the most important thing that I AM doing is "try-try again."

Thanks for asking about my kitty. She's doing great. They gave her fluids, anti-nausea med and appetite stimulant at the vet and within a couple of hours she seemed pretty much back to normal. She's been doing well ever since. We are kind of prickly around here about cat illness as a couple of years ago we lost all four of our cats within less than 2 years. They mostly came down with pancreatitis. Two were 20+ years old and two were 12 years old, but it was still a tough (and expensive) time. I'm so worried that it is environmental but the vet says it isn't and it's just something cats get. (We had only lived in this house about 4 years when they all started getting sick.) Anyway, glad my little Molly is doing well. She came to us a year ago at 5 years old out of the blue. A friend's neighbor passed away and she needed a new home, so we took her. She is like a puppy dog and follows me all over the house, sleeps on my desk while I'm working, hangs outside our bedroom door guarding us as we sleep (door is open and she can come in if she wants). She's quite the character.

Hope ya'all are having a good day. Tomorrow I will weigh come hell or high-water.