#14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-19, 19:33
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Thumbs up great tips

So I just recently had oral surgery. For the next few days, I'll need to stick to smooth, puréed foods. Soft crumbly stuff like scrambled eggs or ground/minced meats have a tendency to get stuck in the sutures .. which are extensive, up into the roof of my mouth .

An easy ice cream sub. is to mix one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with one scoop of water till smooth. Freeze. There you go. Simple, fool-proof. And boring. It's quite good as a frozen pop though .. use popsicle-type molds from the dollar store. I like to add frozen strawberries when blending; also a Tbsp or two of heavy cream improves the texture and adds some fat. Pure cocoa is great for chocolate flavour, and powdered espresso also makes a yummy frozen pop.

Boiled egg puréed with broth, canned ham, cheddar and a little butter is actually quite tasty. Veggies steamed until very soft can be easily puréed with broth and butter. Soft meats, chicken or fish are easily puréed too. Just add broth or other liquid to keep it moist.. Lots of yoghurt, mashed avocado and bone broth too!

Interesting thing is that my hunger is satisfied with much less food now that I must take only small bites and chew it very slowly and mindfully . Something to think about when I'm healed.